If you do have a PayPal account, donate through this link for 100% of your donation to come to us without any fees!
Christ’s Church Needs Pastors
The most important support we need at Concordia is good students. Read the qualifications set down by St Paul in I Timothy 3:1-7. If you fit this description and desire the office of the ministry, pray about it fervently and talk to us (see also Prospective Students)! If you know someone else who fits, pray for him, encourage him, and recommend him. Concordia also helps to train men and women for diaconal service in Lutheran Church–Canada. Read I Timothy 3:8-13 and you might find yourself or someone you know reflected in those words.
Your Seminary Needs Your Financial Support
Good quality theological education comes at a cost. Lutheran Church-Canada, our parent body, was founded with two main purposes: missions and seminary education. We are blessed to receive financial support from synod to cover about 20% of our budget. Another 10% or so comes from tuition fees levied on our students. The rest—some 70% of our budget—must be raised through private donations, fund-raising events, and the proceeds of our general endowment fund.
There are many different ways for you to support us:
- Give immediately to our general operating needs by credit card, PayPal, or Interac through PayPal or Canada Helps.
- Note: through PayPal or Canada Helps you can also set up a recurring monthly donation of $20, $50, or whatever your budget.
- Donate to the Concordia Seminary Foundation (endowment funds) through PayPal or Canada Helps.
- Join the seminary’s 1000 Club by donating $1000 to the operating fund or to the Foundation.
- Send a cheque in an envelope delivered to you through our regular appeals or whenever you choose.
- Phone us, ask for the Business Manager, and donate by credit card.
- Budget your giving with a monthly pre-authorized Electronic Fund Transfer. (1) Fill in this form; (2) sign it electronically or print and sign it; (3) e-mail or mail it to the East District Office (enclosing a void cheque or providing account numbers).
- Consider a gift of shares or a deferred gift (bequest) with the help of a Gift Co-ordinator from Lutheran Foundation Canada (www.lutheranfoundation.ca).
- Donate food items directly to the student pantry.
Remember that your gifts can be directed to many different goals:
- General operating expenses
- Student aid
- Seminary Foundation (general endowment or student endowment fund)
- A named endowment fund with a restricted purpose
“I thank my God every time I remember you, always in my every prayer for you all, … thanking Him for your fellowship in the Gospel from the first day until now, confident of this, that the One who began a good work in you will bring it to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (Phil. 1:3-6).